Sunday 9 October 2011

E-Book (2)

This week I have been editing, and editing and editing. This is because I am preparing 'Max MacCauley' for a review, and of course, it must be presented in the best way possible. One of the things I emphasised in my text book, A Seriously Useful Author's Guide, was that although it looked perfect on-screen, the printed out version told another story. I printed out on Friday, thinking there was very little to do, and got a huge shock. It was rubbish!! So I have become boggle-eyed reading and re-reading.

One of the dithers I have is whether or not to use the 'Oxford' comma. Modern thinking says not, but it's still 'my way' to use it. However, not using it on screen works well, but it doesn't look right (to me) on paper.

I think I had better leave it, send it to my reviewer, and go over it again before I send it to the technician who will do the formatting for the e-book.

No comments: