Thursday 27 October 2011

E-book diary (7)

My biggest hassle, currently, is working my way around the ISBN registration with Nielsens. My story is this. I bought ten ISBN numbers with the idea that the Oxford Writers Group (OxPens) could use the numbers for all their various productions, including our very successful anthologies. It then came to light that as I was, technically, 'the publisher' all distribution etc had to come via me, which I couldn't cope with. Thus the group used WritersPrintshop and used one of their ISBN's. The blurb said Published by OxPens in conjuction with WritersPrintshop. Simple and straighforward, but now I am 'solo' and using my own numbers 'Max' has to be registered on-line through WebPub, Nielsens on-line data storage service. This involves User names and Passwords. Fine I can log on but a) I can't work out how to get them to accept my book details and b) they have asked for my BicCode. . . What on earth is that? Sigh. When I've worked out what to do I will post my findings

No comments: