Wednesday 19 October 2011

E-Book diary (5)

Justin has told me that the e-book formatting formula will only allow one font to be used. I don't know what it is as I haven't asked, but I will. This is appropriate to me because I always write the main story story in the present with Verdana, and use Times New Roman for the 'in the past' sections. However, as the 'past' sections are clearly labelled with the date (i.e 1990)there will not be a problem. Italicized sections and size changes of the font are fine.

4 comments:

Julie Day said...

The standard font of TNR is what ebooks are accepted with. I will be formatting my ebook myself, with the Smashwords guide and Freda's guide.

Mary Cavanagh said...

Many thanks for that, Julie. Ha! if I only knew what TNR was. I really am behind the times. Actually, I've heard so much about Smashwords I will have to read up on it as I know it will be useful in the future regarding distribution.

FatMouse said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
FatMouse said...

...had to go to look up TNR and it turns out that it's only Times New Roman, Ha! ( .. and I knew it anyway)